December 14, 2015

Wait, what?

There are 12 measly little days left until Christmas.  For the first time EVER, I will be finished with all Christmas knitting, not only before Christmas Eve, but a full WEEK BEFORE Christmas Eve. I feel like there is something so very off about that statement. I feel like I am missing something, though I have checked and re-checked and even added to the list over the last few weeks.

I have a few ends to weave in and some blocking ...


How does one block and dry a 15-foot wool scarf? I think I'm going to lay it out in the green house. No one goes in there besides me so it's probably a pretty safe place to stash a scarf of this magnitude.

And a thumb ...



There's a gansey hat that will take about a day to finish up--just needs a crown. I designed this pattern, but think I may make a change or two before I publish it.



And there's a color work hat that I expect will be quite glorious when it's finished--two days tops.


And then that's it. Gloves for my mother-in-law went to her for her birthday. I've made scarves for Rocket and Scout #1's girlfriend. This is the girlfriend's scarf.


Self-striping socks in size GARGANTUAN for Scout #2 are boxed and under the tree. And, well, that's it. The list was pretty small, but still and all, it's on the short track to being finished. I even had time to whip up a new cowl in Rocket's basketball team colors for myself.

The really crazy thing about this is ... my mind is spinning with what is going to be an unprecedented pre-Christmas cast on for myself.  Or, I could just reign in my cast-on-itis and finish the second Snawpaws mitten of this pair (done with our luminescent Moss and Natural Single Sheep).


Best of luck to you as you wrap up your holiday gift list! I'm off to finish up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog