February 27, 2015

Friday Notes

The week comes to a glorious end with the arrival of the big yellow bus this morning to take children to school after their having been out for 8 of 10 school days.  Mama is ready for a break!

This morning also brings the featuring of one of my very first sock patterns to have been published--I remember working this pattern up during a long week of supervising AP testing at the last school for which I was an AP coordinator and my daughter was ... 6 going on 6 instead of the current 11 going on 25.  Those were the days ...  But I digress.  HandmadeFuzzy has featured my Tutti-Fruitti Butterfly Knee Socks pattern for girls in her Friday post today, and it's worth checking out! The pattern is also available on Ravelry, if you are interested in working up a pair for a young girl in your life.



I would also like to direct your attention to a little promotion that I am doing for my newsletter (which is free, by the way).  During the month of March, all new subscribers will receive a code for one free pattern from my Ravelry store.  I have some really great patterns in there, including my insanely popular Sportsman and Sportswoman fingerless glove patterns and the newest pattern, the Wicker asymmetrical shawl.  All you have to do is click on the "subscribe to my newsletter" link on the left-hand side of the page or click here:  Subscribe Now!

Subscribers to my newsletter receive monthly subscriber-only discounts plus advance notice of new colorways, bases, and pattern releases.  There are some changes going on this year, so some yarns are being discontinued and that means that subscribers also receive advance notice of those sales.  What could be better than advance notice for sales and special discounts delivered to your inbox? All you have to do is, really, enter your email address in the form and click submit.  I hope you'll be my next new subscriber!

And speaking of pattern releases ... I have 3 on the horizon, so be looking for those!  The first is a crescent shawl for single-ply yarn with a stunning knit-on vintage edging and the second is a drop-shoulder, mock-cable cardigan that will make you feel warm and cozy no matter how cold the temperature is!  Finally, soon to be released in the next Spring/Summer Knit Picks is my Strand Hill Cardigan, a lacey, light-weight cardigan that is sure to be your go-to summer knit.

Now off to enjoy some time with my knitting.  Happy crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog