September 16, 2014

What's Up

I've spent the past few weeks getting ready for the Georgia Alpaca FiberFest (next year it will be re-named the Georgia Fiber Fest) and, despite the fact that I had everything planned out in lists and I ended up being completely ready for this adventure 2 days ahead of schedule, it was a VERY stressful time. VERY.  I was unusually anxious about this event, and for all my preparation so that I wouldn't be stressed, there it was anyway.

The venue was stunning.  I mean it.  I think that, when that iron factory building was built pre-Civil War, the designers said to themselves, "Later on, after we are done making the machinery of war, this will be the ideal venue for a fiber festival."  OMG, a more amazingly awesome venue could not be found than this one!



Next year, I expect to be in a different location in the market that better suits how I set up my displays, but the hall was perfect for yarn and fiber and everyone seemed pleased with the new venue.


I also taught two classes, Estonian Lace and Russian Continental knitting, and they were great fun for both students and teacher!  I heard everyone raving after their classes and during the dinner about how fabulous the classes were.  I'm glad.  I always worry that someone won't feel like she's gotten he money's worth.

I modeled my new Whitby Place Hat & Cowl pattern:


And I dyed new yarn and it is breathtaking.


And a gazillion new project bags were made.


All of these new treasures will be making their way into the Etsy shop. I am also going to begin carrying knitting needles and crochet hooks in my shop--all of which I have tested and just love, love, love to work with!

The festival was great and you will see me there again next year, teaching knitting classes and selling gorgeous yarn! The dates for next year are Sept. 10-12 at the Columbus Convention and Trade Center (Columbus, GA) so plan now to come for an even more awesome fiber event and keep up with the updates on the FB page!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog