March 05, 2014

On the small side

Sometimes I do little knitting projects, too.  "Little" as in projects for very little bodies.  I've been knitting tiny socks this past week or so, partly because I wanted some samples for the tables during my Mastering Magic Loop knitting class that I'll be teaching at the Alabama Fiber Arts Festival in April and partly because I have a friend with a new baby, and that baby deserves to have warm feet (one is never too young to begin appreciating the awesomeness of handknit socks, am I right?).

Gifts: These are all superwash merino in a 0-3 month size, so that foot is about 3.5 inches.  I chose ribbing through to the toe so that there is a little accommodation for growth spurts.




Samples: The green is done in my hand painted BFL.  I had a bit of this left over from the Urbanista gloves that I made for my mother-in-law for Christmas. The green is so green that it reflected back against the camera for the shot, apparently.  I love, love, love this colorway, and I think these might be a bit warm for a baby in March in the South, so I'll just hang on to these.  




The variegated are my Cielo DK (colorway: Stowaway). Since the weight is DK, the end result was a bit larger and something that will fit a 6-month old baby.  I used US #2 (2.75) for all of these socks and did them, per usual, 2-at-a-time; roughly 3 hours per pair from start to finish.

Honey has been suggesting that I'm never actually going to get around to knitting him a second pair of socks with all of this baby sock knitting that I've been doing, so I guess that I will have to cast on for his socks this week to prove him wrong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog