February 10, 2014

Ravellenic Update #1: Slap Shot!

She flew through the defensive line of ribbing.  Here she comes, cabling down the ice!  Look at those needles fly! It looks like there's going to be a clear shot to the heel flap … and ooohh! She fanned on the puck!!

Don't you just hate it when you get one row off on your counter when you are cabling and have to count rows and rip back stitches?!  That's where I am right now. Ripping back a row and trying to figure out where the heck I am supposed to be on my chart.  I have 2 inches of ribbing and about 2 inches of leg completed for two socks.  That's where I'll pick up today.


These socks are so green that I think they might just glow!

In other Ravellenic Games news, the Pi Shawl, which has been entered in the WIP category, is coming along better than expected.  Thanks to a Saturday night hockey game (go LEAFS!!) and a few episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Hulu last night, I've finished the 48-round repeat section and am an increase round and 2 additional rounds into the last stretch (94 rounds to go!! )   I don't know if I'll make it through 96 rounds.  I'm just going to be honest about that.  I'm dedicating 675 yards of Highland to this project, and then I'm done.  It's taken about 44o yards to get to where I am right now, so it should be close, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog