February 07, 2014

Ravellenic Games 2014: Let's DO This!



The Ravellenic Games of 2014 have begun, and here I am, casting on for a new two-at-a-time, top-down sock pattern that I literally designed yesterday.  On the one hand, I feel a bit guilty because my pattern looks very similar to, though not the same as, another pattern on Ravelry.  On the other hand, the Ravelry shop closed, the pattern is no longer available for sale, apparently, ANYWHERE, and my message to the Raveler, asking if I could still purchase her pattern from her, has gone unanswered. C'est la vie.  I'll write my own.

The yarn is Green Apple from my Rocket Sock Medium label.  I knew I wanted to use my own yarn for this event to knit a pair of socks. Oh, I hear ya: "Didn't you just finish a pair of socks yesterday and you are casting on for another pair today?"  Yes.  I am a sock-knitting addict.  Even if there were a 12-step program, I'd still be a sock-knitting addict.

The pattern, which I have named Garden Gate Socks is, quite obviously, in its test stage because, well, I just wrote it up yesterday afternoon.  But here's the thing: this pair of socks will be done before the end of the Sochi games (Feb. 23rd), so that means that so will the pattern.  I expect to have it up in my Ravelry and Etsy shops, maybe even on Craftsy, by the end of the month.

It has cables.

You're REALLY going to like it!

So, I will keep you updated as I knit to completion.  I have 17 days.  It's conceivable that I could knit this pair and a ribbed pair before then.  I'm tempted, yes I am! But, we'll have to just see how this first pair goes.

To be honest, I'm thinking that this year I am going to have the goal of knitting at least one, if not two, pair of socks per month.  That would give me at least 12 new pair of socks by Christmas and plenty of Christmas gifts.  I think that's a pretty good plan. ;)  Never mind how many projects I have in hibernation around here.

I hope that you will be joining me in the Ravellenic Games this year.  This is my first year, so I've joined a team:  Front Porch Friends.  I think this could be the start of a new knitting kinship.  Come join us if you are looking for a team!  Stay tuned!

And as a side note, I've decided that since I will have these socks finished with a week to spare, I might as well also compete in the WIP competition for the Games and finish up the Pi Shawl.  I can do it, right?  I only have about 118 rounds remaining to be knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog