February 22, 2014

Garden Gate Sock Pattern

It's here!


The pattern that became my Ravellenics 2014 masterpiece:  Garden Gate Socks!  


Because I know that so many people do not knit socks two-at-a-time, I've written the pattern with a separate set of instructions for BOTH single-sock knitting and two-at-a-time knitting.  I've also included leg and heel charts.


The great thing about this pattern, besides all of those gorgeous cables, is that the combination of cables and ribbing keeps the leg and foot snug so that you don't have that issue of your socks bagging around your ankles by midday.  (I just hate baggy socks, don't you?!)

The yarn that I used is my own hand-dyed Rocket Sock Medium in Green Apple.  I'm toying with the idea of knitting this pattern again (I foresee that I will knit this pattern again and again as a staple to my sock wardrobe--I'm that in love with it!).  The next pair you see may be a little more wild, though this green (the heel pic is a bit off in color and I don't know why except that Blogger likes to adjust my color as it sees fit) is pretty wear-your-sunglasses-to-look-at-your-feet bright.  Rocket Sock Medium is a 4-ply superwash wool in the traditional sense (it doesn't have the glossy sheen that the regular Rocket Sock has) and with a fantastic elasticity and stitch definition.

So, check out this pattern on Ravelry and Craftsy, as well as in the sidebar and my Etsy shop.  If you love cables as much as I do, and even if you don't, you're going to love, love, love this pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog