January 13, 2014

Monday FOs: Baby Cardi Central

I think I mentioned in the last post that I was knitting up a baby cardi, the Puerperium Cardigan, for a baby shower this past weekend, and promised pictures of the finished project. (One sleeve looks longer, I know, but that's just the angle.  They measure to exactly the same size.)


Well, that little number knit up so quickly that I had time for a second, more involved cardigan.




This one is just a basic top-down raglan that anyone with a good raglan worksheet and a few standard body measurements can whip up.  The stripes are just a matter of one knit row and one purl row, which is pretty easy since a top-down cardigan is basically knit flat, with the working yarn carried up the right side selvedge. The yarn is 100% DK weight organic merino (kettle dyed pea pod green and hand painted ash grey). There are probably a gazillion photos on Ravelry just like it, but that doesn't make it any less adorable!

I plan to share the instructions with you in my free patterns section of this blog, but that will be at a later date.  Today, I'm just feeling under the weather.  Although I was beyond thrilled to see friends at yesterday's baby shower that I haven't seen in ages, some in almost 2 years, I think too much talk of "school" has done me in for a few days.  By the time I left, I had a serious eye twitch that lasted well into the wee hours of the morning and, after a night of miserable "school" dreams, my stomach problems that caused me to leave teaching in the first place are in full swing today.   So patterns for another day, though I promise to give you a few sizes to work with when I do.

Not even whipping up a new cardi (I think I'm on a baby cardi jag), which I began yesterday morning and will probably finish this evening, or spending a good chunk of my morning at knitting club where no one talks "school" has been able to relax me.  This cardigan is done in a fingering weight 100% merino in natural, undyed cream and kettle-dyed cobalt blue. I promise better pics when it's been blocked and finished.



You can find this newest cardi (0-3 mos.) in my Cedar Hill Farm Company Etsy shop later this week.  I'm also happy to do custom orders; just drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog