January 27, 2014

Monday FO: Shurt'gal Socks (modified)

My first selfish knit of 2014:  Shurtugal Dragon Socks for me.  The yarn is Knit Picks in, I think, a Stroll Multi.  It came from the stash and I didn't even think to check the label before I tossed it in the trash.  I've been meaning to make a pair of socks that matched the spring palette in my winter/spring wardrobe for quite some time, so it's great to have gotten these done.  It took me about 8 days for the pair, but I must admit that I did spend quite a bit of time on them on Saturday when I realized that I was only 4 inches from the finish line.


The last pair of Shurtugal socks that I made was last spring for my mother, and I turned those into a pair of cool-weather pedicure socks.  I really liked the pattern so I broke away from the usual ribbed sock, and I'm so glad that I did!


I was really quite concerned at the beginning about the pooling affecting how well the pattern shows up, but I think it all worked out okay in the end. I changed the heel and just did a straight stocking stitch v-heel instead of the slip-stitch that the pattern suggested.  I'm not really into ridges on my heels.


Of course, as soon as I was finished with these, I got orders from the family for more socks for them.  So far I'm 3 pair deep before I can knit another pair for myself.  It's a good thing that the Farmers' Almanac says the we have at least one more very cold month ahead.  Maybe I'll still be able to get another pair in for myself before winter ends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog