October 24, 2013

The Daily Hat

So you know that I have a new line of yarn out this fall/winter called Flock 225, right.  It's pure virgin wool and I love, love, love it!  I love it so much that I designed a cute lace beret with it:  The Daily Hat.


This is the kind of hat that you stuff in your coat pocket or purse when you go inside and wear everywhere for every occasion when you go outside.  It's apparently so amazing that my 10 year-old, my now nearly professional knitwear model, who pretty much "hates" every knitted thing made for her, even if she specifically asks for it, said "This is an awesome slouchy mom!"  She's already made her request and swears she'll "wear it all the time!"  It's passed the diva pre-teen test, so you know it's going to be a crowd pleaser.


The Daily Hat is designed as a one-size-fits-all (she's 10 and it fits her; I haven't been 10 in a very long time and it fits me) and is constructed using a diamond moss stitch pattern that I am absolutely in love with. (There seems to be a lot of love associated with this hat!) I knit the whole thing in a few days, and that includes making notes as I went.  The construction is simple and can be accomplished on a 16-inch cable or larger if you prefer, like I do, to work everything with the magic loop method. The pattern includes written directions. I thought about doing a chart for the diamond moss stitch pattern, but we're talking about a chart for a 9-stitch repeat, basically, so a chart just seemed too fiddly.


This pattern is now available on Ravelry, Etsy, and Craftsy.  If you happen to be in my neck of the woods, it will also be available in print form at the Royal Alpaca Challenge in Conyers, Georgia (Nov. 1-3).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog