March 26, 2012

New Season, New Projects, New Yarn

The buzz around the water cooler is that this gorgeous Springtime weather is supposed to be inspiring us all to pick up our needles and venture out into the world with a bevy of one-skein projects in hand. I guess it's lucky then that I already have some one-skein projects underway. I would hate to have been caught by surprise and been the odd knitter out.

Almost finished is the first pair of Hiker Chick socks that will be featured in my yet-to-be-released sock kits done in Copper Kettle. I've dyed up several new skeins is Rocket Sock to go into the shop this week, and I think I've selected the final two choices from the lot. But, there are months and months to go between now and September. Or maybe I should release my kits in July? Do you have any thoughts on this? I want to do at least one 4-color contrast multi and a tonal multi.

April will also bring a series of new extra fine alpaca lace colors to my Etsy shop. Here's a quick peek at what's just been added to the Etsy shop:




And then there's the new lace scarf pattern that's in the works. You can expect to see Lila in the Etsy shop and on Ravelry and Patternfish about mid-April. I'm giving a sneak peek in my April newsletter so I hope you've subscribed! This lovely lace is done with the Gypsy Autumn Spice color way, which I came to discover as I have been knitting with it is totally not an Autumn color way at all! Its blend of rose, tangerine, pumpkin, and peony pink is quite girly and perfect for summer evenings out on the town. I think my final product for the test knit phase will be going out on the town with me to the Stitches South convention. No booth for me, but definitely taking a class on designing triangular lace shawls. You can expect a shawl design for my Eco label to come out of that experience. I'm very excited!

Finally, I am toying with doing a booth at the Carolina Fiber Festival in June. If any of you have ever been, please tell me what your experience was like. I'd like to have an idea about what kind of experience to expect. Thanks and happy Spring knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog