October 28, 2011

Web Page Face Lift

I don't know about others, but I sure do have a difficult time building and maintaining a web page for my Etsy shop.  It never seems like there are enough directions, which is ironic because I rarely follow directions--teachers make the worst students!  When it comes to building a web page, I sort of learn as I go.  I'm married to a computer guru but, when it comes to anything involving both the Internet and my business, Honey is decidedly hands off.  I think he knows better than to try to help.  Anyway, the point is that I have tried out three different web page hosts in the past 12 months, and now I am on to #4.  I just can't seem to get the amount of traffic I need to compensate me for the cost of the site.  So, here's the NEW WEB PAGE, and soon it will be linked with the Zibelineknits.com domain.  I even have a mobile page.  And the best part?  It's all about FREE!  You can click on the pic to go to the page.



And, I just want to say "best laid plans ..." and all that about the birthday doll.  I ended up having to finish a project for my mother's birthday today (happy birthday mom!) and couldn't get to finishing the sweater or the other slipper.  Absolutely they are on the weekend agenda.  So maybe this next Monday you will get to see the finished masterpiece.  And if you are thinking that I waited until the last minute to make a gift for my mother ... you are so wrong!  I actually began it two months ago, got 2/3 of the way finished, attached the last of three skeins of silk/merino, and discovered that even though the dye lot number was the same, the new skein was a totally different color when it knit up.  A froggin' I did go.  Then I couldn't get any more skeins in that dye lot.  More yarn had to be ordered, and I had to start from scratch.  I made her a candle flame scarf, and I sure hope she loves it.  I'd show you a picture, but in my haste to get it packed up and sent off (yes, yesterday) so Honey could work some FedEx magic and get it to its destination by today, I forgot to take a picture. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog