September 05, 2011

Masterpiece Monday

I know it's a holiday, so everyone is pretty busy being on vacation today; but I have a few little masterpiece gems to share today from my weekend labors.

First, I made homemade spaghetti sauce for pennies and ended up canning 11 quarts of sauce and a quart of stewed tomatoes.  The tomatoes were from the garden and the sauce ingredients were from Sam's.  Honestly, it cost me about $9 to make 11 quarts of sauce.  If I had bought that much from Sam's in the form of a name brand sauce, it would have easily cost $30.  And it's pretty tasty!



Second, I have this little sweater to show off.  Have you ever had a friend who was, toward the end of her pregnancy, WAY closer to her due date than what you thought?  And that "plan" you had for knitting the ideal baby blanket turned out to be WAY further behind the actual schedule than you thought?  Well, that happened to me last Thursday, when I got the email about the baby shower being a week away!  So, I had to scrap the blanket (I was only about 6 inches into it) and go with something cute but fast.  And, Lion Brand patterns to the rescue ... I managed to knit this little number up between Thursday night and Sunday night for WAY less than you think because I had, the week before, chanced upon a RIDICULOUSLY good deal on baby sport weight yarn.  The pattern is called Feather and Fan Baby Sweater.  It's top down (my favorite!) and I actually learned a new top-down construction trick in the process.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  This is a 0-6 months size.




 And, what's this?  I had my own labels made by Mountain Street Arts, so this is their debut in my knitwear, too.


And now off to dye some new yarn for the shop!  Happy knitty holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog