August 19, 2011

A Friday FO! About time, right?

It's been what, a month, since my last post?  My absolute apologies.  The start of the school year is not only particularly taxing physically, but also mentally.  And when you can't even get through pre-planning without a furlough day, well you know it's off to a very interesting start.  And I have all tenth graders this year.  That's 15 & 16 year-olds in layman's terms.  Not to mention that my summer was a zero-alarm kind of event, and now I'm getting up at ... wait for it ... wait for it ... 5:15 AM!  The sun doesn't come up until AFTER I walk into the building to sign in for the day at school--WAY after I walk in.  Uggggghhhhh.

But, I did manage to knit up this little number despite my evening exhaustion, which is the result of the mutation of a cowl pattern that I found somewhere online.  I only printed copied and pasted the actual pattern part into Word, so I'm afraid I can't give credit to the original source of the cowl pattern; but I am very appreciative anyway.  I've knit it in Ella Rae Bamboo Silk in "Coral", which I received via a swap with my Knittin' Good Yarn Swap pals at Ravelry.  Turns out, this particular fiber, which I am now totally enamored of, is next to impossible to find in but one or two close-out colors here in the U.S.  If anyone knows a reliable supplier, please let me know.  Twice I tried to order it in pretty fall colors, paid for it, and then had my money refunded by those sites on the premise that it was out of stock and they forgot to take the posting down. This is my candle flame scarf.





1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the yarn! But the scarf is beautiful. Hope school starts settling into a routine for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog