July 18, 2011

My Monday Masterpiece

Usually, on Mondays and Fridays, I have an FO of some kind to show off. Mondays, it's usually something that was spun up over the weekend.  I'm thinking of starting a blog hop for people like me who don't scrapbook or make crafty wreaths or cutesy kids' party decorations or work-of-art cupcakes.  Not that there is anything wrong with that; but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of a blog hop thingy that is focused on the knitters, crocheters, spinners, quilters, and weavers out there.  So, how about telling me what you think?  Would you link up your weekend masterpiece?

And now, on to the show!

My Monday Masterpiece is this gorgioso skein of 2-ply superwash merino that I spun up--some last week, but mostly all yesterday.  It was such a perfect day, weather-wise, yesterday that I made getting this done the goal for the day.  Rocket has claimed this yarn, so that's one more something-to-make to add to the list.  Not sure what I'm going to make with it, though. Rocket said "you could make me a hat or a scarf or something"; which is funny because in the winter it's like getting blood from a stone to get her to wear either a hat or a scarf.  So, I don't know.




We'll call this one "Taffy".  It's from the second braided roving that I bought from Blue Dog Fibers (the first became the Serendipity Scarf).  Turned out to be 304 yards aran weight.  Pretty nice, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog