March 29, 2011

Too Nifty Not to Share

My blog posts seem to be fewer and fewer these days, don't they?  Between the insanity of trying to herd 10 graders toward having an educated mind (the closer to spring break we get, the more insane things become--and I mean on the level of "are you serious? You should just quit!  I'd never put up with that" insane), the insanity of being the Girl Scout troup leader AND cookie mom (a hallelujah went up nationwide when the cookie sales deadline arrived last week!), the re-landscaping of our backyard to make it more "green and garden-y", the baby chickens living in our garage because of this sudden and seemingly eternal cold snap, the craziness of the kiddos, and a string of knitting patterns and projects that have just made me down right mad, there hasn't been a lot of posting time.  It's been so crazy around here that I finally, after not having had time to drive the 15 miles and sit for 2 hours with friends and knitting since before Thanksgiving, was able to go to my Saturday morning knitting club.  Fortunately, they hadn't relocated and left me behind after such a long absence.

B-U-T … every morning the lovely Etsy team leader for my Etsyknitters team sends out these glorious email with links to rather awesome knitting and crochet blogs, patterns, and videos.  In 30 years of knitting, I had never come across the anemone bobbly stitch; but this week has brought via Mette and her morning email the most nifty stitch and how-to video that I've seen in a long time.  So, I thought I would share it with the world.  You know, as soon as I saw it, the wheels began turning.  There's a new pattern developing in my brain around this stitch.  I'm not sure what it is; but spring break is next week, and I am very sure that it is going to begin to surface.  Watch, learn, and have a glorious knitting kind of day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog