January 06, 2011

Speed Knitting--And I thought I was fast!

There are probably just about as many knitting techniques as there are countries in which there are knitters.  I find that most of the people who have told me that they tried knitting but didn't like it say they didn't like it because it is a slower process than crocheting.  Well, I have to argue, since I knit pretty fast compared to most knitters whom I know.  And, I do it like the lady in the video you really need to watch (borrowed from Knit Picks on Youtube), especially if, like me, you think you are pretty good at this knitting thing.  Although we knit alike, there's no connection between this chick and my own knitting experience.  But, dang!


And what's even better than that video?  Watching this same chick try to teach men to speed knit!  If you are a man who knits and is following my blog, please don't be offended.  



Now, everyone get to practicing!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am NOT a speed knitter, giggle
    Hugs, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knit at a snails pace. I learned from my left-handed grandmother. I really need to learn the continental style and get over the old-fashioned knitting speed. But I did just finish the cowl I made from your beautiful Spring Garden yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew... was that a chore. The commment form over there won't let all of your url go on for some reason.

    I got it off this blog. It is working...

    By the way, I am following you gfc from both my blogs. Giveaways and My Journey With Candida
    http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/

    I am following on Networked blogs. I couldn't find your twitter button but I am at CandidaJourney and GiveGiveaways. I will follow back.

    Also, if you do have a twitter account, there is a 12 gift giveaway on my candida blog and one person wins all 12 gifts just by following all the sponsors on twitter and tweeting Valentine TwitterGanza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog