January 20, 2011

Save the Children

I'm foregoing the WIP report to bring you this very important announcement.

You know that I have talked about making preemie hats for Gulf Coast Medical Center in Panama City, right?  And there are free patterns of my own design on this blog for you to use, especially for charity and non-profit purposes.  And one of my Ravelry groups is Beenies for Preemies, which you are welcomed to join.  Well, discovery of discoveries, Save the Children and Warm Up America have teemed up--apparently in November so I'm a little behind in making this plea/announcement--to collect handknit and hand crocheted preemie hats for the Save the Children's Newborn and Child Survival campaigns and charities.  I think this is a really good thing and you should go straight to your stash and start knitting some preemie hats immediately.  (I already have one done.)  Here is the link to additional free preemie hat patterns and the submission information:  Caps for Good.  Here is the link to Warm Up America.  So click, knit or crochet, and submit.  And the free hat patterns are so cute!!!!! The deadline is February 28th, 2011.  If you participate, I'd love for you to email me pictures or send me a note.



If you would just like to make a $10 donation instead of sending in caps, please go to this link for Save the Children.

It's not too late to save a child!  Knit on!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I haven't done a hat in ages, but this may be just thing to get me going again!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog