November 09, 2010

A little geometry in the knitting

Anyone will tell you that mathematics and are are, well, to put it nicely, TOTALLY incompatible.  Totally.  But I had an idea for a short scarf for my husband.  He isn't
the cowl type, and he does sometimes ride his motorcycle to work on days when all I want to do is stay in the car with the seat warmer on and the heat on full blast.  Despite all of his leather and insulated clothing, there's still that little place where the zipper ends on his jacket, leaving is throat exposed to frigid air at 60 mph.  So I started on a "manly" scarf in charcoal bamboo/angora from Patons.  I'm not one to really stock up on the commercial stuff anymore, but this particular fiber, when you can find it, is just superb--soft, drapes well, good stitch definition ... Anyway, I digress.  Here is the geometry scarf, half done.



It's really very easy, and totally reversible.  I'd like to add an edging to keep it from rolling in opposite directions, but I think that may call for an extra skein.  I got this on clearance back in September; so that means I'll probably have to order one skein.  Don't you hate that?  I hate that.  The shipping always makes me think that it isn't worth the purchase; but then it's probably cheaper than driving from store-to-store (which is really town-to-town where I live because you're lucky if there's one commercial yarn store within 25 miles).  I guess we'll just have to see how it all knits out.

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Here's where I'm linked today:


www.craftedition.blogspot.com.png  


3 comments:

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog