November 14, 2010

Finished Projects from the Weekend

First, I finished the first pair of my two-at-a-time baby socks from Thursday's post.  They seem a little long in the foot; but it's been seven years since I had a baby foot around to measure; so these will have to do.  The next pair is going to have a little pattern and no cuff--celery green this time, but same wool/silk machine washable yarn from Spud & Cloe.  Hopefully, these will knit up quickly this week.  I'm planning on an easier week than last week was.



And then Sunday afternoon, I brought out the electric spinning wheel--which I ultimately broke and my Honey is having to fix for me.  But, before I broke it, I managed to get 118 yards of 2 ply artsy yarn--bulky, mostly--out of that super-waxy wool/silk mix that I started playing with last week.  I have some of the roving left, and can probably eek out another 50 yards.



Honestly, I think the fiber broke the spinning wheel because of it's waxiness and its tendency to not want to feed into the machine very smoothly.  Basically, I broke the motor.  Early reports from the shop are that, even though the internal magnet cracked in half--you should see that thing!  There's no way I can be held responsible for breaking a magnet an inch thick, no way!--and has to be re-glued, all can be repaired with the right glue.  Honey says he thinks he's going to have to weld it back together; but that's just because that will give him an excuse to buy a welder.   He might not be too keen on the idea of me quitting my job and opening a yarn shop, but he sure does like to use my online store as an excuse to ramp up his tool collection. ;)

Anyway, it's Monday, so here's where I've linked up.  See you on the knit side.


6 comments:

  1. Those are just lovely! Think I might have to make a pair for my son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yarns remind me of a Jodi Piccoult book in which the friends all have a yarn business. I wish I had known your first, I might have been able to picture their yarns better as I read!

    Except for the finishing stitch, my "Red Scarf Project" scarf is done! I can never remember how to seal it, so to speak, so my tutor is going to help me get it going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so jealous you finished! lol I keep starting scarves and never finishing them but I am inspired by you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the socks!

    Hope your spinning wheel gets fixed soon! Yikes. Nothing worse than being stopped by things out of your control.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments!! and yes a sailor hat would be adorable! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!! check out my blog I passed on a blog award to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog