October 26, 2010

SAFF stash revealed

So, as promised, here's the stash.  I'm only going to show you a sampling of the llama--giant trash bags don't make for a very pretty picture.

First, the less-than-10 oz stash items:















The camel/silk is that shiny, fawny ball.


And now the llama:



I can't wait to start spinning!  Honey is finishing up the electric spinning wheel, so any day now I will have home spun goodies!  If only my teacher life, Girl Scout Leader life, and assorted other lives would move over and let me have some time with the fiber, I'd be golden.  I keep trying to think about when I can fit in some fiber time, but I keep coming up short.  I don't understand why October is always such a busy month.  Every year, I can't believe it's Halloween and that I am, once again,  unprepared and in a total rush to get it together for such an awesome holiday.

On the knit side, still working on the yellow Swing cardi; but I had some time while I was waiting in the car last night on Scouts 1 & 2 to finish their Scout meeting, and I started a dark charcoal bamboo/silk/merino scarf--just off of the top of my head.  I think it's going to be double-moss stitch alternating stripe with alternating triangles.  It's in the planning stages, and it could be frogged all together.  I just felt like knitting with something super-soft and luxurious.  Well, Rocket's first night of ballet class is tonight, so have to scram.   See you on the knit side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog