September 22, 2010

WIP Wednesday for Sept. 22nd

On the needles this week ... I've wrapped up knitting the asparagus green version of Envy, and will be posting it on my Etsy page.  Here's a close-up.  The pattern is available at Ravelry and my Etsy store as a pdf download if you are interested--beginner rating.


While working on it, I was inspired to start that giant braided cable scarf that I was working on for last week's WIP  update.  I've swatched it with a few different types of wool and with a few different sizes of needles, and I'm just not getting in real life the picture in my head.  The search for the best yarn for that project continues, so it's on hold right now.  And, Saturday, I was inspired to knit a third scarf, and for this one I have found the perfect yarn (Knit Picks' Wool of the Andes).  I happened to have a few skeins of this in my stash, and that little number is knitting along very nicely.  Pictures coming soon.  I'm thinking of submitting this one to Knit Picks' Independent Designers Program, so I don't want to give too much away up front; but I will say that this one looks like little dancing rivulets of water.  And not just because the yarn happens to be a dark aqua Gulf of Mexico kind of color, either.

2 comments:

  1. MomsReview4you blog hop- I have no clue why linky closed it! The time on the scheduled end says tonight at midnight! Weird. I am so sorry! I re-opened it right now! Sorry for any confusion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! I am so happy you found me because your knitting is amazing!!!! I am lookiing forward to getting to know you!!! Thanks for following, I am a new stalker, ahem...follower!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog