September 12, 2010

"Just Something I Whipped Up" Monday

Ideal Preemie Hat

I didn't just whip this up.  I've been whipping these up for months and months now, and I am sharing this pattern with everyone because, especially with the colder months coming along, 'tis the season to be knitting and donating preemie hats.  I'm not asking you to donate them to me; rather, there is a hospital wherever you live with an NICU (neo-natal intensive care unit) full of nurses who would be absolutely and completely thrilled to get two or twenty of these cute little numbers from you.  I donate mine to Gulf Coast Medical Center in Panama City, Fl.  All you have to do is practice your circular knitting skills--and if you are a novice knitter, this is a great way to learn how to knit something much simpler than a sock! If you can knit and pearl, you already pretty much know how to make these hats, even if you don't put a pom-pom on them.  If you don't want to take them to a local hospital, then put them in an envelope and mail them.  It's really pretty easy.  And there isn't a better in-the-car knitting project.  Really.

The pattern is free. Just click on the picture's caption above or the link on the right sidebar under "Nifty Free Stuff".  This is my pattern; so if you aren't going to use it to make preemie hats for charity, please don't use it.  It carries a copyright.  I'm giving it to you for free for a reason. There are tiny babies with cold heads out there people!

Thanks, and happy knitting!

3 comments:

  1. Add this to my maybe someday list!

    Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable and so wonderful of you - thank you for sharing the pattern.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS! What an incredibly wonderful idea. I wish wish wish I knew how to knit... because I'd totally do this. Hmmm... maybe I should learn. I would love to take a bag of these little cuties to the NICU at the hospital where my preemie was born. I would have loved to have something like this for him when we took him home. I'm a new follower now from the blog hop. I look forward to reading more, and hopefully learning along the way.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog