August 16, 2010

Tuesday Hops and Such


Whew!  I made it to Tuesday!  The first full day of school was pretty new and different.  My school day runs from 6:30 am until 4pm.  My elementary school-aged children got on a school bus at 7:25 this morning and didn't get home from school until 5 pm.  They were on a bus for an hour this afternoon, and we literally live 2.5 miles from their school.  Go figure.  The extended day to accommodate a shortened school calendar is going to take some getting used to; and, definitely, weekends are going to become more important.  I have an exchange student from Switzerland in one of my advanced American lit classes--that's very neat, but at the same time a considerable challenge because he has to earn credit but his English isn't very fluent.  I'm not sure that I'm ever going to agree with the new "line them up in the hall every block for a bathroom break" plan.  Elementary school bathroom breaks for high school students just doesn't jive with me.  But we won our first football game in maybe two years last Friday, rumor has it that we might have supply money by mid-September, and the day went pretty well.  Except for the stupid bathroom break thing, I really can't complain.

So it's Tuesday and we are all hopping around.  I hope we get a chance to meet today, but if we don't, I promise to get back to you ASAP--probably after I get my homework done.  Ha. Ha.  Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I am now following your thanks to Tuesday Tag-Along and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog! Plus, don't forget, if you need any help tweaking your blog or easy HTML tips, you know where to come!
    Today we talk about another how to unclutter your blog tip, so come on by! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Sassy Sites to say HI! I am a new follower of your blog now too! Cute stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by! I can't believe it's back-to-school time already, where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Another mommy blogger that is a teacher! I start back next week:( Following from TTT.
    Lolo
    www.crazyaboutmybaybah.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog