August 07, 2010

Learn to Knit for FREE!

I know that some of my followers are not knitters.  You visit me and leave comments like "I wish I could knit!".  Well, Knitting Daily is giving away a FREE e-book designed to teach you to knit!  FREE!  If you take a class to learn to knit from a local yarn shop, it could cost upwards of $60 for as little as three lessons!  This is FREE!  You just have to go to the site and download the book.  That's it.  You are on your way to knitting gorgeous things and having fun while doing it!  Did I mention that this is FREE?

I know it sounds like this is a paid advertisement; but it's not.  I just love to knit and I think that everyone should knit.  The world would be a better place with more relaxed, crafty people and fewer stressed out, angry, craftless people.  My students tell me all the time that they can't believe that I knit; but a gazillion teachers do it because it helps them to destress.  It's a little stressful at first because it's new; but once you get the hang of it, it just flows.
was in the shop for 10 minutes, and in that time she had tried to teach those laidies 3 different ways of casting on.  She would show them, then she would tell them to do it, and walk back and forth behind them giving the history of the cast on; then before they had even practiced what they had learned, she was telling them to tear it out and cast on a different way.  I don't think anyone learned to knit that day.  Rocket even mentioned that she could knit, and she's 6, and that probably didn't help matters any.  And you know those ladies paid top dollar for that lesson on a Saturday afternoon!  So check out the e-book.  It's free and you can learn at your own pace.  There are also a gazillion Youtube videos showing how to cast on and to knit, and Knittinghelp.com has great tutorials and directions, too.

Happy knitting!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for following me!
    I'm following you now.
    Songberries

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hip and cool knitting blog! I'm glad I found you on Spotlight Saturday! I'm going to follow you from now one! I'd love to have you stop by my blog sometime!
    ~~Jules @ www.adbits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute site following back!

    www.thecouponscoop.net

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog