July 30, 2010

FO: Swing!

Finally, it's done!  My big Finished Object/Design Project of the summer:
 
Swing!  


This four-button, top-down, raglan cardi is seemless (except for the sleeves if one chooses, as I did, to knit them flat on a circular needle) with 3/4 sleeves.  It's knit with Caron Naturals SPA, a bamboo blend that is super soft and super pliable.  I think that's how the name got stuck in my head--the fabric is so flexible it just swings.  The sweater in the pictures has zero ease, but the pattern, which I am triple-checking this weekend for mathematical errors because I am mathematically inept, will have instructions for increasing the ease.  The pattern will be available for small (pictured), medium, large, and extra-large.  It is primarily designed according to bust size, so the small is for bust sizes 34-36. As I test-knit through the sizes, I will update any purchased pattern-owners with corrections; but I think the instructions are pretty spot-on as they stand right now.



You may be asking, "Why the mandarin collar?"  Initially, I had this sweater in mind as a quick cover-up over a tank top.  Rain showers are sudden and short in Georgia, and this was a great little summer number that I could throw on, but still avoid the rain running down the back of my neck.  It's too hot in the summer for a hood, I think.  And about those buttons ... I finally found some, obviously.  I literally searched the world over and finally found some at a sewing company in New York.  These are pewter with a swirly design on each end of the button.

This sweater ROCKS! 

(And Rocket took these pictures.  Pretty good for a 6 year-old, huh?)

4 comments:

  1. That sweater is gorgeous. I added my e-mail to my profile. Thanks for checking I had no idea it wasn't on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this lovely pattern will be available....?

    I want to knit it. I love the collar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This sweater is so gorgeous. Thanks for following my blog. Im now following back. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for following me, I'm now following you back :)

    I've quit knitting since 5 years ago,cause I'm not patient enough :D. When I saw your creations, I knew you've made them all with all your energy & emotions. Happy knitting !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog