June 30, 2010

W.I.P. Wednesday (June 30th)

I can't believe that June has come to an end!  My vacation is flying by WAY too quickly!  I feel like I'm not getting much of anything accomplished; so that means that July is just going to have to be busy, busy, busy!

Today I have two projects on the needles that I need to make some progress with.  The first is the Reconstruction Sweater.  I have knit some on the body, but still have about 12 inches or more to go.  Can't decide if I want to add a few more stripes or not. My goal is to finish this one next week when my son gets back from the ex's and can try it on as I go.


I became so bored with working on this once I got to the "knit around for eternity" part of the pattern that I cast on for another top-down sweater, this time a cardigan for myself.  That makes--count them!-- 4 sweaters on the needles now.  However, since I am also writing this pattern, I can't give you much detail except that I have finished the yoke and have divided for the sleeves.  Besides, this one is top secret until it's finished.  The pattern will be for sale on Ravelry.  I am in L-O-V-E with the Naturally Caron SPA bamboo blend that I am using, though, and even though it's store bought and part acrylic and not a fancy-schmancy handspun, I will definitely be using it again. It has the most lovely drape.  So, all you get is a glimpse.  My goal with this one is to finish it by early next week.  Today is the first overcast, "cool" day we've had in about 2 months, maybe longer, so there will be knitting. 



And, yes, that is a giant Mason jar that I am using to keep my skein from wandering.  Does that make me a little too "country" or just creative?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Mason jar! What a great idea, plus it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog