June 08, 2010

Reconstruction Begins on a Quiet Tuesday in June ...

So it appears that my knitting to be green has caused a knitting injury to my right wrist.  I was mostly out of commission today.  Barbie got a bath mat set for the townhouse (made from one of my daughter's old t-shirts), but other than that, there wasn't any knitting.  :(

This seemed like the perfect time to tear down the sweater that I made for my 10 year-old last November.  I made it.  We both hated it.  It's been sitting in my knitting room since day 2 of its existence.  I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I would whip up a raglan on straight needles.  I have come to hate doing raglans on straight needles because the sleeves never seem quite right to me in the end.  I also despise making a sweater for the purpose of taking up shelf space in the closet.  So, today officially became "Reconstruction Tuesday". 

It started out in it's original form and, with the help of Mao, the latest stray cat to make himself at home, it became 4 red balls and 1 grey ball of wool again.

Of course, now my son is going to expect me to get started right away on the new and improved top-down version.  So much to knit, so little time; so I hope my wrist is better in the morning!


1 comment:

  1. I hope your injury isn't too serious! So happy to have you joining us over at W.I.P. Wednesday- I'm adding you to the official blog roll now. My family is moving at the end of the month so things are a little quiet over at the fishbowl, but it's only temporary!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog