April 20, 2010

Simple is better.

My husband made this swift for me as my Easter present in preparation for my first ever spinning class at the Knitting Universe convention this weekend.  He made it Easter weekend, and I have not shared it with you; so here it is.  It works like a charm!  My husband's so awesome that he just looked at a picture, asked a few questions, and voila!  No more 3-hour endeavors to untangle the inevitable yarn mess that comes from trying to wind a hank of yarn onto a spool.   Sometimes it's the little, technologically simple things that make me the happiest.  I like anything that makes the operation of my life simpler and less stressful.  Thanks Honey!

And if you haven't been to Knitting Daily to check out the video about knitting green with Mags Kandis, you should.  Very cool idea and I wish that I had thought of it myself!  Basically, you make your own yarn out of old clothing or fabric.  Knitting Daily has a Knitting Green Challenge going on if you want to check that out, too.  I can't wait to have the time to try this out!  Again, simple things can make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me!

Translate

Search This Blog